To the Internet, a website's link structure is its backbone. Search engines weigh it heavily when determinig what the website is about. For them, a website's link structure is sort of it's fingerprint. Having insight into your URL structure will enable you to clarify it.
When users click a link, they WANT the content behind it. When you give them a 404 Not Found response, you are saying I don't care.
Broken links or dead links hurt SEO and usability, thus your bottom line.
- whether your website uses the "www" prefix properly
- whether your website handles missing files properly (should return 404)
- all links on internal pages are followed, broken links are reported (anchors, images, stylesheets, scripts, frames, iframes, maps, redirects)
- external URLs linked from internal pages are followed as well (and there we stop)
- documents burried too deeply are reported [16 hops]
- reports character-set errors
- reports content-encoding errors
- reports connection errors
- reports connection timeouts
- redirects are followed
- full session support
- HTTP, HTTPS protocols supported
Read more on the Checklist.
Paid plans come with an automated scheduler. You will receive email alerts about new errors.
On free plans, you will have to start the test manually.
That's okay, Checkerr was designed for people like you. You will gain a new insight into your website, like a 6th sense. You will find an explanation for every issue we have found. Some, you will be able to fix yourself. The rest you will have to pass on for your developers.
Cool, so are we! We know how you work: test, fix, then test again.
You will find a retest button so you can always retest your site after fixing it.
...or try the DEMO login on the top-right of this page